Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Happy NITS Giggle When I Least Expected It

I'm about to fall into a hole for the weekend. The Fake Kid Government (TM) will soon begin its yearly State conference. I'm short a couple of advisors this year, and so I'm going it alone with a small group of my kids.

I have other duties at the conference and so today I was warning a couple of my girls that I wouldn't be as available. We talked about the ins and outs of the weekend and I ended the conversation with a warning: "You need to be doubly responsible for yourselves, ladies. Remember that, because if you mess up, I'll cut you."

I need to emphasize that these young ladies know my sense of humor and that my threats were said in the most loving way possible.

So one of the girls falls into the giggles.

"You're adorable! How funny! You'll cut us!"

Her friend cuts her off and sends me into my own giggle fit.

"You think she's joking, but I've seen pictures of her from the summer. She can work a dagger. She'll totally cut you."

1 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger chitarita said...

Hee!
I'll vouch for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home