Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Holiday Query


So, I'm wondering how many of your received Shakespearean-themed gifts this holiday season?

My family seemed happy to embrace the Bard as a theme - a historical picture book, a leather bound complete works, two plays-as-comic books (Macbeth and Lear), and the Shakespeare Songbook recommended by Christine on the Amazon list (which, by the way, is just as marvelous as she promised). This is in addition to the bust of Shakespeare my sister gave me for my birthday (which now sits proudly a top the piano in my living room).

What about you guys?

Happy Holidays!
Amanda

3 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

Well, that was definitely a theme from my students, but the theme from my family was warm clothing; hello Lenox in January!
-R

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger educat said...

In an effort to do something completely different, we Christmas-ed in Branson, MO this year (never have I used "Christmas" as a verb...) and although there wasn't any Shakespeare under the tree for me, Master Will and all you dear folk were in my heart and mind as I thought of spots for the inevitable reunion...

CONSTRUCTION OF THE BRANSON GLOBE!!

It's an idea whose time has come, let's not forget it, friends.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

Re: Branson globe - I nominate Michael, because he's nearby, as chair of this project, and recommend he import our dear friends Frank Hildy and Julian Bowsher as construction consultants. That should be a real hoot!

Re: Christmas- After ten years of annual cast gifts and the Shakespeare wedding, and five (we counted 'em--FIVE) Compete Works sets, most of our loved ones don't Shakespeare us at Xmas unless its something like a really weird version of Hamlet (ahem) or a particularly unique lawn fairy (a Midsummer Night's Idea that got out of hand).

But my daughter did get me my own copy of Waiting for Guffman--which after watching again (for three times) I realize how it has become my life story in so many ways. That's definitely my favorite.

Happy 2007, Y'all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home