Sunday, December 24, 2006

Institute Dream

I had an Institute dream this morning. I dreamed that I got really mad at Rachael (she had said something sarcastic about my turn at check-in, I think), started crying, and left the room. Kevin was walking down the path and I ran to hug him. He asked what was wrong, then reminded me that it was third week.

When I woke up, I smiled to think of the weird tension that did, indeed, start during week three, and the way that we all sort of used "It's week three" as a mantra. This dream reminded me to maintain perspective, cause let me tell you, some of y'all were getting on my nerves in week three, but now I have [almost] nothing but fond memories.

4 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a bit worried that this post isn't from the REAL Emily.

Evidence Citation #1: She describes a dream, but the dream doesn't include any (even slightly) suggestive references to me -- quite unlike the REAL Emily, whose dreams are filled with Michael fantasies;

Evidence Citation #2: She uses the term "y'all" very naturally. I don't remember her using this term during the Institute. Craig? Yes. Jennifer? Of course. Sandy? As natural as Tennessee Williams. Emily? Hmmm...

But if this IS the REAL Emily, I love you, I miss you, Merry Christmas, and thanks for the marvelous Christmas card.

I'm still suspicious, however...

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

Ouch! I'm sorry if I got on your nerves, in real life or in your dreams...:(

-R

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Emily said...

hee hee. It's really me. I generally only use the word y'all when I'm being sarcastic. Unfortunately, Michael, you weren't in this dream.

Michael: Thank you for the holiday wishes. My Christmas was wonderful, as was my Chanukah. I'm looking forward to a night of movies with the girls for New Year's Eve.

Rachael: I'm not sure why it was you, but you weren't the only one. It was a group of people being contrary during check in, but you said something sarcastic about me during my turn, and it was the last straw, I guess.

Meh.... dreams is dreams. There's no accounting for them.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

I'll try to keep my sarcasm in check while I'm (Lenox)this time...I never want to offend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home