Friday, December 29, 2006

Investing

I wish I were talking about emotional investments (I have plenty of those!). Alas, I just opened my first "real" investment account - a mutual fund/money market account meant to build up an emergency pot of gold for me. This is, of course, in addition to my retirement fund.

Anyone have suggestions? At this point, I look at all the options (trade, buy in, sell, etc) and I'm lost. I feel excited and overwhelmed, and I judge that I am undereducated on this topic. I could use any advice y'all might have for me.

Thanks! -Em

P.S. The y'all was for Michael.

3 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger educat said...

You know, Em, if you keep this y'all business up then I will be forced a step lower. I will have to go to you'uns.

I have far too many teeth to ever say you'uns, even if I did go barefoot to Harrell's.

Please don't let that happen.

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger David Quinn said...

Um...call.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the "y'all," Emily. If I knew anything about investments, I would help you. Unfortunately, I'm the guy who sold my black-and-white handprinted copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 for the cover price.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home