Thursday, November 30, 2006

Soul-sucking

I have had yet another soul sucking day. My 5th hour is full of loud crazies that won't listen, back talk constantly and honestly don't care (believe me I've tried). I'm out of ideas on how to deal with them. On top of that, ever since I submitted my letter of resignation, my principal (light on the pal...) has decided to make it a point to stop in and observe me about 4 times now, scripting the entire time! I have no idea what this is about and she isn't forthcoming with any reasons. I doubt it's in the hopes of making me a better teacher, since she knows I am leaving in under 16 days. Any thoughts?

-R

4 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger chitarita said...

So sorry, Rach. I can empathize, but that hardly helps. My own principal began treating me very differently a few years ago when I asked him for a recommendation letter for a job overseas. It took him more than a year to forgive me for wanting a different job. I don't understand why they see it as a rejection, rather than a personal opportunity.
-Amanda

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger David Quinn said...

Don't know what the "official" policy is in your district with your contract, representation, or union -- BUT -- if many places, if the admin comes in to do an observation and its formal, you have to get a sit-down within a certain number of days to discuss it. If it isn't formal, then the material can't be put anywhere you would care.

I'll add that, before you leave, you should find out the policy for reviewing your building and district "file." I can review mine with written notice and I can have items removed after certain periods (I think its 3 years for both).

Me love my union! Our reps remind us every few years. You don't want to have an new admin come in and find some 10-year old eval in there....

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger educat said...

Respond in writing to your evaluation! I cannot say that enough!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

Thank you for your advice. She is obviously less than pleased that I will be at the intensive in January instead of teaching at Cactus High. I have a post observation meeting on Wednesday after school.

-R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home