Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Joys of Travel

Happiness is visiting Sharon!

And if you haven't done it yet, I strongly encourage it. With a three-day weekend (thanks to the end of the term), I flew to NYC Thursday night. Friday I went to Sharon's school where I got to watch her, her colleagues, and her students in action. Fascinating! I advocate all the more that we begin rotating around to see each other teach - so much learned, not to mention the curiosity that's satisfied when I saw Sharon in front of her classes.

We had a delightful Italian lunch, gossiped about all of you, and took a tour of her school. It was quite interesting to see the New York small school movement in action. I also loved how different and how very much the same her kids are compared with mine. Very polite students, though, I must say. The rest of my weekend was wonderful, too, but I'll be blogging about that elsewhere.

I would post pictures, but alas, none were taken. Instead, I give you a photo of Julian Louise Dreyfus. You can pretend that's Sharon. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home