Thursday, November 16, 2006

Emotions

I was having trouble getting my seventh graders to express emotions during check in instead of judgements, so I brought in copies of the emotional word list that we got this summer. I'm keeping them in a folder on the wall so they're always accessible. Students use the lists like a buffet: choosing the words that fit how they're feeling right now.

Better than that, I've taken colored paper (cut in half longwise), and whenever students (in 6th or 7th grade) finish their classwork, they have the option of illustrating an emotion word. I started this two days ago, and I've already got 20 something words on the wall. My goal is to have every word on the list illustrated and stuck on the wall before the end of January. Then we won't need the lists!


This has been extremely successful. I suggest it if anyone else has kids that have trouble verbalizing their emotions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home