Friday, November 10, 2006

Thank you

Though I was accepted into Shakespeare & Company’s month-long intensive, I couldn’t reserve my slot without paying the non-refundable tuition, which I couldn’t do until I found out how the lawsuit against my school panned out. I received a phone call today from Rob Issen, head of the training program at Shakespeare & Company. He had been graciously following my plight through e-mail with me. Today he said that he couldn’t hold a slot for me without my tuition payment, and that I had been wait-listed. This means that even if my school district caved, I still might not be able to go. It’s finally official. I’m not doing the month-long intensive.

Those of you close to me know how this has been consuming my every thought for the last two months. I have ruined any possible working relationships with my administrators and employers, and possibly jeopardized my future employment, and I have nothing to show for it. I feel like I’ve been shackled with weights at the foot of a mountain, even though I know I could reach the summit if allowed to try. I’ve never felt so sad.

I wanted to let all of you know how much you mean to me. Your words of encouragement and letters of support meant the world to me. Please, never let anyone tell you how high you can climb. I love you all.

4 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger educat said...

If you have taught me anything, it's that other people can see great things in me that I might not see in myself. Do I need to finish this thought? I'm in your fan club.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dude --

I've been so consumed with this "National Novel Writing Month" project (I blame you for that, buddy!) that I haven't really corresponded with you during your difficult ordeal. I'm sorry... and I'm truly sorry about how things seem to be turning out.

My thoughts are with you, my friend. They've always been with you.

I hope that means something.

I wish we lived closer.

Remember... you can stay on my couch and eat all my food anytime you need to, not just to see a production.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger David Quinn said...

Tex-

You are in both my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Be strong and hold on to the greater truth: you are helping your kids, you are a positive force in their lives, and what you do makes them into better people....

Q

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Sandi said...

David said it better than I could...but...know that your work now is very valid, and you can still climb. You just have to take a different tack. S&C has done intensives for 10 years that I know of. With some scheming and plotting, I'm sure you can get set up on another one. And forgive me for sounding hopelessly bouyant at a time that probably sucks for you. You have a lot to offer, and don't let the bastards get you down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home