Wednesday, November 29, 2006

SNOW DAY 3: I Am Getting Paid To Write This

So, today the roads are clear -- but since no one bothered to clean the walkways or parking lots of our schools completely (read: at all), the district couldn't even do a 2-hr late start today...and cancelled again. Since we have a new snowstorm brewing tonight, chances are zero for school tomorrow, extending my T-day holiday to 11 days (including weekends). Of course, this means my summer break will start at some point in AUGUST, but hey, who's counting? I'm catching up on every piece of graded material I've ever been handed!

I have gotten some rather frantic emails, though, from kids who had Dec 1st deadlines for colleges and waited until the very end to try to send them. However, no school = no counselors = no school paperwork sent by the deadline. Here's hoping that colleges don't really check postmarks....

3 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger educat said...

Ohhh...that is the best of all! Clear roads but icy school. The storm is a-comin' here. We discussed an undercover hose down of the bus barn tonight (frozen bus? big fuss.) or random anonymous calls to the faculty phone tree.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger kv said...

who knew alligators lived in snowy places? :)

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Ariana said...

I woke up this morning and the temp was -4 with windchill. I don't think we're in Puerto Rico anymore, Toto. I wish they would give extreme cold days! DQ, I'm green (and freezing cold) with envy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home