Sunday, February 11, 2007

Revisionist History

Last week, one of my perpetual class clowns was walking around class with his shirt half off. When I told him to fix it, he informed me that he was not wearing a shirt. He was wearing a toga because he is Julius Caesar. "Do you know what happened to Julius Caesar?" I asked. When he replied in the negative, I told him to look it up when he went to Library. When he returned, his "toga" had turned back into a shirt. "What happened ,Julius?" I asked, " I don't want to be Caesar anymore. That guy got stabbed like 100 times. Those guys were bad. I wonder what they looked like?" It took every ounce of willpower I had not to answer: "well, they wore hoods and dark sunglasses...and I think there was a guy in a hotdog suit." I miss my fellow conspirators.

3 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Holbrook said...

Oh man, that's awesome!

I was watching Rome on HBO, and they showed the "previouslies" from last season, including the death of Caesar. Ours was way cooler.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger educat said...

I've spent about a day wishing for a new witty comment for this post. I have none. I will simply reinforce the Friends, the conspiracy, and all those costumes.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

Miss the Friends. Especially this week. Brutus rocked the house, but the lion stole the show. :)

I love all y'all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home