Thursday, October 26, 2006

Is There A Holster In That Dancing Skirt?

My fingers couldn't type all that I wanted to tell Amanda tonight. I was so glad I decided to call her--both for just the joy of hearing her again and for the exciting educational opportunity I was able to throw her way.

Did you know that Utah teachers can take a concealed weapons class to enable them to pack heat in the classroom? Until tonight, Amanda didn't either. Furthermore, she was completely unaware of her district's policy regarding concealed weapons (the policy is mentioned in the article)!

We discussed this topic thoroughly and talked about her show, our classes, and my plans to take my English class (and all the other English II students) to a local production of Julius Caesar. We're planning a day before we go for me to get a sub so I can do some "entering" activities with all the kids who will attend the show.

"Do you have fabric blood?" she questioned. "I cannot emphasize enough the effect of fabric blood."

The lesson? Don't mess with Amanda. She can pack heat at school and carries her own blood.

6 Comments:

At 1:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

After the most recent bouts of school shootings, the governor of Missouri announced he would sign into law a "Teachers with Concealed Weapons" bill.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Holbrook said...

I'm constantly flabergasted that these things haven't happened in Texas.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger educat said...

We have a candidate for State Superintendant of Schools who recommends that every student have thick, reinforced text books under every desk to stop bullets.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger chitarita said...

Don't think I'm not taking advantage of this new-found opportunity!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

I'm impressed, (and only a little bit frightened).

You're not going to become some sort of vigilante now are you?

-mel

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

I tried it. Amanda is totally right about the fabric blood. What a difference. Actually, I think Amanda might be totally right about everything.
~Jessica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home