Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Of Blogger Accounts and Breakfast

Hello, all.

I finally got a Blogger account -- mainly as a way of posting progress on my novel project during National Novel Writing Month in November (thanks for turning me on to this great event, Craig!). Feel free to follow my progress (or my gradual decline) by visiting my blog.

On Sunday morning, I mixed some cheese and mushrooms in with my scrambled eggs to make them more like the eggs at Smith College. I purchased some "craisins" to put in my hot cereal. I'm even toying with the idea of making up little table-tent signs for "Shakespeare," "Microbiology," and "The Western Wind" to set up all over my house...

Nothing seems to help. I'm very homesick.

The Institute is home.

7 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I understand, too. I miss you, Michael.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

I understand how you feel...I miss you all too.

(Have you tried eating pasta 4 nights a week; I've found that takes right back to the dining hall :)

-mel

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Holbrook said...

Great title for your novel, man. I suck at titles, you've got to help me think of something good.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

You know Michael, you are not that far away from Dallas...

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger educat said...

I was giggling to myself all morning because we've got nine weeks tests tomorrow and I had to remind my kids to bring a #2 pencil tomorrow. I thought of your joke about the #1 pencil--"I like this one better, can I use my #1?"

Then I read this over lunch. I was enjoying the Lean Cuisine du jour and was thinking about how the cranberries in the green beans (yes! IN the green beans--quite yummy) reminded me of all my summer craisins and how I ought to pick some up.

Then I read your entry.

I'm with you. By that I mean that I agree with you but as I type this I realize also that in a sense you're with me.

So for what it's worth, and though I would rather be walking to Harrell's or the sweaty basement of the Pleasant Street Theatre, we all are together in a sense.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger chitarita said...

I'm thrilled that I'm not the only one missing us!

I browsed the Macbeth CD-rom today looking for videos of air broadswords, and instead found videos of Kevin. And so I stayed in my freezing classroom (58 degrees today) for quite a while longer than planned, just clicking through videos of Kevin to get more glimpses of the life that was.

If it helps, though, "Buh-guh-duh, duh-guh-buh!"

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger chitarita said...

By the by, welcome to the sidebar, Michael! (Look to your right, if you're confused.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home