Monday, October 23, 2006

And Company


I want to let Craig and Rachael say their own stuff about our weekend, so I will just partially blog the event. Pics are up on the Kodak Gallery and if I didn't mess up the Robertson camera in an effort to fix it, they should have some more to post.

So, why are these people smiling? Big fun is why!!! Friday night, we hit the town for a lovely Brazillian Meat Fest. The waiters walk around with skewers of meat until (and I want to credit Craig, who I think said this) "Even your sinus cavities are filled with meat".
Apologies to our vegetarian bretheren and sistern for this graphic depiction of meat.

Saturday was laid back and was capped off by a picnic and half a production of Much Ado About Nothing. Half a production, you say? Yeah. Despite some heavy huddling under blankets (seriously, Rachael, mind those hands!), we were suffering from near hypothermia (We are thin blooded folk. None of us are from cold climates.) and...ahem...bad acting. We cut out at intermission and enjoyed dessert and each other back at the hotel.

Sunday, Craig grilled for us. Remember all Craig's grill stories? Did you know he thought about taking a picture of said grill for all of us to see? Worth the fuss, totally. Craig and his wife Colleen made a spectacular lunch and we sat around all afternoon intending to play board games but not needing to at all because we enjoyed each other so much. We also watched this video on the S&Co site and got all teary.

I had a lot of thoughts on my drive home, the most profound of which was this*: remember that last thing that Kevin said to us? "It's Shakespeare and Company. You're part of and Company now." The most gratifying part of the weekend was seeing and company stretch past our month to include Colleen, to include us in our "other lives", and to include all of you in our thoughts.

It is and Company.

*Big thanks to Kim for listening to me sort that idea out on the way home. I loved talking to her so much, I forgot to observe the long standing tradition of singing the state song as I crossed the state line. What? Other people don't do that?

3 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My favorite phrase in this post: "We... enjoyed dessert and each other back at the hotel."

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Holbrook said...

My favorite, too!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

I was wondering if I was the only one who saw that :)

I am so very jealous that I live on the east coast of nowhere, far away from all of you; but I am glad you had such a great time together.

-mel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home