Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ooooh, I Like It


I mentioned that King Branagh was directing another WS film this year. Principal photography has been completed, so I think we are looking at a winter/spring release.

Here's Branagh on his inspiration: "I visited Kyoto, Japan for the first time fifteen years ago and felt the sublime landscape and fascinating culture could be an inspired setting for this quintessential romantic comedy. With sumo, martial arts and cherry blossom we hope that the drama and the joy can combine to produce a wonderfully enjoyable film."

Hamahawaaaa?? "With sumo, martial arts and cherry blossoms...."

Did he really say that with a straight face? Oy vey.

2 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Sandi said...

Thanks for the update. I had heard that this was in progress...I'm wondering if he's is going with his occasional preference to not cut anything, as with his Hamlet and 12N versions...Also, I have to share...I got home in record time (16 hours) and found that my Jeff had just purchased an ENTIRE BOXED SET of JOURNEY...(no shit!)...so this weekend's road trip was pretty much a nonstop chorus of "I'm forEVer YOOURSSS....faithfuLLYYYYY.......WHOAOAOOOOOOAAA...." Happy memories.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger educat said...

I looked this up on IMDB and squealed like a pig when I saw Janet McTeer. I saw her Doll's House in 97, goregeous stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home