Friday, August 11, 2006

Or am she just a crazy teacher?


It has begun…My tables (I don’t have desks) line my walls and create a perfect thrust in the center of my room. My syllabus suggests students keep a towel and/or pillow in my room for floor activities. My new honors frosh assignment deals with a reflection on self and oh yes, my colleagues are beginning to wonder, “Am she real? Or am she just a crazy teacher?” Now, I’ve always been out of the ordinary in my teaching style, but this apparently takes the cake. Upon visiting my room and having the occasional conversation about my classes some have actually asked, “Are you nuts?” To which I must reply a resounding YES! And I like it that way. Another factor that leaves the English faculty believing in my insanity is the addition of yet another class to my already busy day. I no longer have a prep and will be teaching another section of Sophomores Julius Caesar and couldn’t be more thrilled!

I dearly miss all of your warm smiling faces and hope to see each and every one of you within the year.

Love,
Rachael

2 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Ariana said...

Rachael,

You rock! Since I am currently unemployed, I'm living vicariously through you and am thrilled to see you put what we've experienced into action.

(Sung to the tune of Aerosmith)
You are crazy, crazy, crazy, for Wil Shakespeare
What can I do? Honey, I really am missing you!

Love,
your wing man

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

Well, we'll see where that "action" takes me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home