Sunday, September 17, 2006

a civilized start to the revolution

Until recently, I actually thought I might live my whole life without ever blogging, but I really wanted to share this with all of you.
On Thursday, I have an appointment with the superintendent of schools to talk about the institute and my thoughts about how my experiences will alter instruction. She and I saw each other in passing, just after she received The Letter, and she mentioned that she was impressed with all it said. I told her I would be happy to sit down and discuss it with her, and made an appointment, perhaps the first voluntary appointment ever made in her office. Even though I am a little nervous, I am really excited about discussing the summer with her. Of course, there are some things I will leave out, and other more administration-friendly ideas I will stress. Any advice?
I think of you all often.

Jessica

5 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

Hey Jess! I had a meeting with the Superentendent and the assistant superintendent in charge of curriculum right after I returned, then I had to do I big presentation with a PowerPoint in front of the whole school board! I used pictures from the website and sressed the curriclum and the visiting scholars and so forth. They made a big deal out of it in front of everybody and also wanted t stress my outside theatrical activities, and i was nervous. Only afterwards did I realize that The superintendednts' office was kind of using me to raise their status with the school board -- apparently it is not always a happy relationship and having teachers get big NEH institute grants makes them look good in front of THEIR bosses. Anyway, I'll be happy to email you my PPT to show you what I did if you like. Glad you're having a good year!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

and forgive me,I can actually spell and type, just not with Brian climbing on my head because he wants go outside and play in the creek. He also made me double post. Happy Sunday afternoon!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Christine McBurney said...

Jess,

Good for you. I might treat this meeting like an audition. The trick being that you (the actor) are also auditioning the super (the director). Are they worthy of your time and all you have to offer? That'll help with any nerves.

Keep us posted!

Christine

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger educat said...

Jess! Tell us how it went!! I cannot imagine you without a loss for just the right words (remember, if you will, our safe word for massage guy) and I know that you and your arms were brilliant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home