Sunday, September 17, 2006

Dreams

Strangely, last night I had two dreams that involved this blog. In the first one, one of our ranks was anonymously posting nasty and inappropriate things to the blog. I had my suspicions regarding the poster's identity (Quinn!!!), but I kept my mouth shut. In the second, my dead aunt was alive and was asking me questions about the blog.

On a Shakespearian note, I've just been assigned to teach a project at my school. A project is a class that meets once a week for two hours and runs for a trimester. My project is on Othello. There were two available projects- the Harlem Rennaisance and Othello- and two of us wanted Othello. The other teacher had more seniority, but once I described what I did all summer, they gave the project to me.

I hope you are all well.

DW

6 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

Kudos, my brother. I'm sure those kids are going to get a lot out of Othello.

By the way, would you care to join in on this National Novel Writing Month thing with me and Craig?

Michael

p.s. I'm about 3/4 of the way through Blood Meridian. It's awesome... it's so great I'm reading it slowly, savoring it.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

Yeah, I'll join you guys.

And I'm glad you're enjoying Blood Meridian. It's really astonishing how he knows the exact word for everything. I can't get enough of that book. Check out Child of God next.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Sandi said...

Ok..while my two favorite sea chantey writers are here (when can we hear YOUR song again?)...last week, I found a great CD done by Gore Verbinski, who always comes up with some weird stuff ..."Rogue's Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs and Chanteys".... I heard it the other day and plan to use it when we do The Tempest...but the Lou Reed and Sting interpretations on it alone are worth the download...I'll never forget when Verbinski did an album of Disney songs...One critic said his version of "Hi Ho" with Tom Waits sounded like the "Seven Dwarves in Dachau..." Disney was NOT pleased....

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

My favorite David Wilson dream was relayed to us one morning during check-in: "I dreamed I was a Drew Barrymore impersonator."

I miss you, man.

Michael

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger educat said...

Mine is the drunken twister nymphs except it wasn't a dream.

People here seldom believe I know people this funny in real life.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

Even if those drunken twister nymphs were real, they've been visiting me in my dreams ever since.
dw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home