Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Et Tu Brute? Jesus said that.

Many of you have already heard the story about the lovely contestant on Survivor who attributed Ceasar's (and Shakespeare's) words to Christ. I would like to contribute another installment of the " Shakespeare Really Said That" saga. Riding home on the Hiawatha Lightrail, I overheard a conversation between two preteen boys:

Boy 1: " Man, school sucks. I'm not doing my homework."

Boy 2: "Yea right. Your parents will make you do it."

Boy 1: " No, I can do what ever I want. The world is my oyster."

(This is where I suddenly went from amused to intrigued).

Boy 2: " Where did you hear that?"

Wait for it.........

Boy 1: " Shows what you know. Scarface said that, man."

Ah, youth!

2 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Holbrook said...

I once heard a student say, "It's just another case of too many cheeses, not enough Indians."

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

I don't have a funny comment from kids to share. I just wanted to let you know that I miss you, and that I wish I was a pre-teen boy traveling on the Hiawatha Lightrail so I could be near you.

Well, I guess I wouldn't have to be a pre-teen boy, would I? Just someone on the Hiawatha Lightrail. I guess I could even be myself.

What the heck is the Hiawatha Lightrail, anyway? And is Hiawatha one of the Indians for whom there are too many cheeses?

MIchael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home