Thursday, August 17, 2006

Text Lay-ups

One of the first things I did when I got into my classroom was take down every single piece of crap that was on the walls. I just wanted a blank slate so that I could start over. Yesterday I gave each student a Shakespeare quote and a piece of posterboard, and they worked on making visual and/or artistic representations of the quotes.

I had planned to use those posters for text lay-ups tomorrow, except I just realized I have no where to do them. My room is too small, obviously. The other teachers won't like it if I have kids running up and down the halls while the class claps and yells. The stages and gyms are all taken. I can't take them outside because it's hotter than Satan's balls.

Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger chitarita said...

Are there any teachers in your school with consultation that period who would loan you their rooms for 30 minutes? Or is the cafeteria available?

That's a tough one. Any way you could make enough room in your classroom if you stacked the desks on top of each other or put them in the hall for a bit?

I love the posterboard idea and I'm looking forward to hearing how the lay-ups go when you do them!

Amanda

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Holbrook said...

My classroom is a little bigger than most of the rooms in the building. I already got rid of all my tables, and we could stack the chairs, but there wtill wouldn't be much room. 32 kids merely standing around waiting to do the lay-up will take up a third of the room.

It's no big deal, I'll think of something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home