Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Grand Experiment

Auditions are on Monday and Tuesday, callbacks on Thursday, cast posted on Friday. Rumors (thanks, Craig!) has ten parts, and all auditioners know I will cast two in each role, one who will perform, and one "second," a term I am borrowing from high-society sword fights. I demonstrated feeding in at the "play meeting" yesterday, and the kids all went "ooooohhhhh." I will hold auditions with seconds feeding in to auditioners, and rehearsals will use the technique until everyone is off book. The acting teams will be responsible for building characters and learning lines - together.

I'll keep you all updated on how it goes.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Holbrook said...

I'll be very interested to hear your updates on how feeding is working for a fast-paced farce. If you can make it work for Rumors, then you can make it work for anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home