Saturday, September 13, 2008

a great theatre arts book

Gai Jones is a mentor of mine. I worked with her when I was in high school, and continue to call on her when I need something. She is in the thick of SoCal educational theatre, even though she "retired" a few years ago.

After she retired, Gai published a book, Raising the Curtain, that outlines a course of study for beginning and advanced theatre students (more acting than tech). It is full of activities to bring to the classroom, and tips on creating a positive, supportive learning environment. It's got worksheets for almost anything you could want. (It is NOT a text book.) I highly recommend it. I find that I can open that book to any page and have my day's lesson plan ready to go.

Her website:
http://www.gaijones.com/pages/endors.html

The book:
http://www.perfectionlearning.com/browse.php?categoryID=1595&level=2&parent=2572

1 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger educat said...

Our new theatre teacher (the second one, not the head) is a kid I've semi-mentored since she was in High School with us. I'll pass this on to her, thanks!

...but what I really wanted to say is "Check out her biography. She's from Oklahoma."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home