Friday, August 01, 2008

Back to the Rose!


Okay, so it's too much to hope that any of you will be in the area at month's end, but here's the announcement anyway:

August 20th and 22nd, S&Co Young Company performs Henry V along with a compilation piece called Come, Woo Me, Woo Me (which is a whole bunch of wooing scenes from various Comedies and Histories). Jenna and I are the directors. V.I.P. seating (read: very crappy lawn chairs) will be available for all NITS alumni.

The kids are obsessed with dictionary work (they plan picnic outings and bring their dictionaries and scripts) and are very sweet. Jenna and I are having a blast, and the kids survived all of Kevin's fight classes without a single drop of blood spilled--so clearly fortune smiles on us all.

And as I go about my business, I still sometimes find myself reminded fondly of our summer, (most frequently when we are working on the Rose Footprint) and I wish you all the best.

4 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Oh, Meg, how I miss you! I will be calling upon you in future hours of need - so please make sure I have your number! email me emilycoalson[at]gmail.com

Love you!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger kv said...

oh, i wish, i wish, i wish i could be there! one of these days, a NITS reunion WILL happen.

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

So apparently it's been so long since i have written that I no longer remember how to create an individual post. Sorry! We are in the midst of the Minnesota Fringe Festival here. A one week extravaganza of theater and dance performances throughout the city. This festival is a great opportunity for up and coming actors, dancers, directors and playwrights to showcase their stuff. There have been some really interesting Shakespeare plays. Yesterday, I saw Meet the Macbeths, which was Macbeth set in a 1950's ish sitcom, focusing on the Macbeths' desire to obtain the American dream. I also saw Ophelia, which provided some backstory as to what her relationship was to Hamlet before the events of the play. My favorite however, had to be the very original Shakespeare's Land of the Dead. Shakespeare, as well as other important historical figures (Burbage, Kemp, Francis Bacon, Queen Elizabeth) become trapped in the globe while a zombie plague rages through London. Sounds ridiculous, but the dialogue was smart and witty. It also unapologetically references plays both famous and obscure. A true feast for the Shakespeare and or Zombie fan. If you are interested, you can see pictures and reviews at www.fringefestival.org I miss you all and hope that you are well. Ariana

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Holbrook said...

I hear Lenox's siren song daily. I'll be back some day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home