Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Frog Belly Rat Bone

I've been coerced into directing the Rogue Artists' educational show this summer. It's an original adaptation of Timothy Basil Ering's Frog Belly Rat Bone. He illustrated The Tale of Despereaux, too, so you might know his work. In true Rogue fashion, it's got puppets, video projections, full body costumes, and other neat-o things that will keep a young audience engaged.

It's a cute show about friendship, imagination, patience and flowers. If anyone's in SoCal July 6-8, let me know. We're also planning to tour the show to -- well, to pretty much anywhere within a day's drive.

You can see more about the show here. I love you all and I could use some support as I direct my first professional production.

In other news, I checked out of my school today, turned in my laptop and keys and made a clean break. Whew!

5 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger educat said...

You, m'dear, are a marvel. Good luck with new job and new show!!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Ariana said...

What an honor! Have someone take lots of pictures!

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Walker said...

COngratulations and break a leg!

-mel

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Thanks, guys. I'm really having a crisis of faith here... I don't know if I'm good enough to do this project, but I've committed to it and need to get it done. It's just.... this show takes a LOT more planning than one at my school ever did.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Holbrook said...

Emily, you're probably the only completely bulletproof teacher I know. There's nothing you can't do well in the classroom. Your new school is lucky to have you, and so is this show. Trust your talent, and everything else will fall into place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home