Saturday, June 09, 2007

A Midwinter's Tale


I just watched this strange Branagh movie. Have any of you heard of it? It's about an odd group of actors putting on an odd production of Hamlet. It's, well, strange in a Woody Allen-kinda way, but there are some very funny bits.

One of my favorite lines: (Laertes, handing Hamlet a boot)
"The fight! If it all goes wrong, drop the sword, take this off, and throw it at me. Then I say, "The boot! The boot was poisoned!" and die. "

You can read more quotes from it here.

It does lack, however, an inscrutable globe.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Holbrook said...

"If I ever forget my lines in Shakespeare, I always say 'Crouch we here awhile and lurk!' That seems to do the trick."

Yes, it's a great movie about people with a genuine love for theatre. Highly recommended.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Stuart Ian Burns said...

I love this film! Here's my semi-review, semi-remeniscence about it:

http://feelinglistless.blogspot.com/2006/12/review-2006-life-props-christmas.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home