Thursday, September 28, 2006

Another Case Of Mel's "Why Are You Laughing?" Disease

So in English class this morning, we've just finished a class discussion about parental expectation and the like to take us into an Amy Tan short story.

How is it that my kids never think these talks are leading to literature? It's a constant source of amusement to me.

So I move things along. "Let's think about that idea of your parent's expectations while we open our Lit books to page 195."

And they're shocked! You mean this was about a story!? Oh! The injustice!!

One girl speaks for them all, "Is this going to be a long story?"

I had to apologize for the laughter that caught me for the next few minutes. I just kept imagining her saying that with a hand puppet.

*sigh*

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

Once again, you have caused me to crack up at my desk. Is there some sort of contest going on that I don't know about? (Whoever makes Mel laugh like a maniac the most wins a prize?)

At least this time I read it before the students were in class . . .

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Me too me too! I giggled! mmm... latte in the mornings makes Ms. Coalson happy and whee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home