Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Musical Theater Is Calling To Me...


In some of my discussions this summer, it seemed that some of you were bewildered because I, a theater person, do not like musicals.

Well, you can put your hearts to rest.

A musical is opening this weekend in Paragould, Arkansas (that's right... Paragould) that promises to open my heart wide to the world of musical theater.

This weekend, I will drive three hours to see Night of the Living Dead, the Rock Musical!

The offer to sleep on my couch is certainly open to any of you this weekend... and I'll spring for your ticket if you show up!

Michael

6 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Oh, man, I'm so jealous! I wish I could make it out to see it. It would even be worth going to Arkansas.

However, Tyler's show is loading in this weekend and I promised I'd help hang lights.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger educat said...

I'd like to reinforce dark musicals.

If I wasn't slated to spend Saturday with Fake Kid Government delegates, I might just make the drive.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

I wish I could come, but I will be helping teenagers sell hot dogs. (I got roped into helping the youth group at church).

The living dead would be much more fun than selling processed meat.

-mel

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger educat said...

Hey, Michael, how was it? Did you leave the theatre humming zombie tunes? Have you been doing jazz hands? Does a zombie do jazz hands?

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

Well...

I think zombies can do jazz hands if they have hands.

Sadly, I had a one-vehicle accident on the way to Paragould. I spent all day in a garage... then I spent about 400.00 on repairs.

I didn't get to the show.

I'm hoping the premiere had such a phenomenal success that they'll do more performances soon.

Michael

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger educat said...

Oh dear! I hope the car situation went well!

And yes, perhaps later there shall be dancing zombies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home