Monday, June 25, 2007

Moving Back Accross the Mason-Dixon Line

Hello and Happy Summer!

I'm in the midst of moving back to Massachusetts from North Carolina in order to help my family care for my 99 year-old grandmother, and to re-assess what I want to be doing career-wise. (I've decided that "work myself into an early grave" is an unacceptable goal.) I feel good about my replacements. I tried--and failed--to get Emily on board, but we ended up with a guy who used to be an actor for the National Theatre of the Deaf who is very grounded and calm. I'll miss the hell out of the kids, but not the 80+ hour work weeks.

Anyway, I was packing all my Institute stuff and remembering fondly the work of last summer. I hope you are all well and resting up. It's an essential time for high school teachers to re-charge!

Love,
Meg

7 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Meg, I love you! Good luck with moving and changing; it's big life stuff happening before your eyes. I know a theatre company on the west coast that would love to have you.

I still think about your school and try to teleport it to Southern California.

It never works.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Christine McBurney said...

Meg!
Welcome back to the east coast! I know, I'm in the midwest, but really it's the northcoast full of ex east coasters! Enjoy your time with your grandmother and now that we're practically neighbors, I hope to see you soon. Lots of love,
Christine

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Holbrook said...

Congrats on your new life! I know you'll do great things.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Walker said...

Meg,
Good luck; I hope this opens up a world of opportunities for you. I wish you the best of luck, and hope your grandmother knows how lucky she is.

-mel

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Uta said...

Oops! sorry for the horrible spelling error in the title. No wonder it's time I stopped being a classroom teacher for a while!

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger chitarita said...

Meg!
I've been trying to email you, but I only have your old school email address. If you see this, email me!
-Amanda

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Holbrook said...

I also tried to e-mail you, Meg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home