Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Okay, okay, I know it's not funny... but...

I am very sad that Steve Irwin died. I know there are a lot of jokes that can be made about the demise of the "Crocodile Hunter," but none of them will ever be made by me.

I did find a bit of Shakespeare-related humor, though, with one aspect of the Associated Press story about that sad event:

'Crocodile Hunter' Dies Doing What He Loved
CAIRNS, Australia (AP) - Steve Irwin, the hugely popular Australian television personality and conservationist known as the "Crocodile Hunter," was killed Monday by a stingray while filming off the Great Barrier Reef. He was 44.

Irwin was at Batt Reef, off the remote coast of northeastern Queensland state, shooting a segment for a series called "Ocean's Deadliest" when he swam too close to one of the animals, which have a poisonous bard on their tails, his friend and colleague John Stainton said.

A poisonous bard, indeed.

Michael

5 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Ariana said...

I miss you scarecrow!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Holbrook said...

He died the way he lived: needlessly antagonizing deadly animals.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

Where's the love?

-R

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Ariana said...

I feel the need to mention that "scarecrow" is not a nasty comment about the Crocodile Hunter, who is admirable for his conservation efforts. (Seriously) "Scarecrow" is a term of an endearment for my favorite person from Missouri.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

Funny, i coudl hear your voice, Ariana, as I read your comment...

-R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home