Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pen Pals, Anyone?

Anyone interested in doing a pen pal thingy with some kids in Los Angeles? I'd definitely like to do it with my 6th and 7th graders, and if I get that 12th grade English class I'll do it with them too. My classes are small (20 or less, usually), but I have no problem making them write two letters at a time. School starts Sep 6.

Any takers?

Also, I taught a class on status and clowning at my camp last week. It was many campers' favorite class! Yay us!

5 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Shakespeare Teacher said...

Ah, my lovely Emily -- I would love to do the pen pal thing if you do get a class of seniors... otherwise, I think it might be awkward since most of my students are juniors and seniors... so let me know.

Michael

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger chitarita said...

Emily -
I'll check with my students when I meet them next week. I bet I'll have some interested in conversing with yours. I'm teaching mostly 9th grade this year, but I'll have some contact with 7th graders at my school, and they're always eager for new things. I'll keep you posted.

-Amanda

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Holbrook said...

My seniors are almost as smart as your sixth graders. Does that count?

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger educat said...

Sophomores? Anyone? Sophomores??

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Walker said...

This is Mel and I think my ninth or tenth graders would really like to do the pen pal thing. I also have a drama class of about 22, and I'm pretty sure they would as well. My school starts on September 5.

P.S. How do I post a blog? I don't think I know what I'm doing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home