Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Anthony and Cleopatra in Lenox

Since I was at Shakespeare & Company yesterday, and thinking of you all, I thought I'd post a link to the Boston Globe review of their production of Anthony and Cleopatra. Then it turned out I don't know how to post a link, so you'll have to Google "Boston Globe Cleopatra." The Globe was far kinder than the local press, who found great fun in turning up their noses and sneering in turns at Shakespeare's dramatugy and Packer's audacity. I dunno. Maybe I'm a troglodyte, but I liked a lot of the production--especially Susan Dibble's battle choreography, and of course, the Enobarbus speech we studied with Sandy Mack.

In the same day I also went to see Shakespeare & Young Company perform on the Rose Footprint. One of my students was up here for the summer, and it was so exciting to see him tearing up that stage as Hamlet. I was reminded of our "Julius Caesar" and realized that I'm MUCH happier sitting in the audience where I belong!

Happy start of school to you all.

2 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Holbrook said...

I'm so jealous!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Christine McBurney said...

Thanks for sharing this Meg. I wish I could see it. Hope to make it to Mass to see you and S&Co soon! In complete and utter denial over the start of another school year. And excited!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home